Chicken Sandwiches with Sweet Pepper Relish
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced, halved lengthwise, thinly
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium (1 cup) red bell pepper, finely chopped,
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (3- to 4-ounce) skinless chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning for chicken
- 8 slices (3/4-ounce) hot pepper cheese
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter, softened
- 8 Kaiser rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
DirectionsMelt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat; add onion and sugar.
Continue cooking, stirring frequently, 5-6 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown and tender.
Remove from heat; stir in all remaining relish ingredients.
Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
Place each chicken breast between layers of plastic food wrap.
Pound gently with meat mallet or rolling pin, starting in center and working outward, to about 1/4-inch thickness.
Sprinkle with grill seasoning.
Place chicken breasts onto grill.
Grill, turning once, 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Top each with cheese slice; continue grilling 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Spread softened butter onto cut-sides of rolls.
Place onto grill, buttered-side down.
Grill 1-2 minutes or until rolls are toasted.
Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 chicken breast onto each bottom half of Kaiser rolls; top each with about 2 tablespoons relish.