Pot Roast in a Crock Pot
- 5 lbs bottom round roast, boneless, (or whatever size will fit your crock pot)
- 2 large onions, (cut into circles)
- 2 -3 carrots, (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 14 cup orange juice
- 14 cup pickle juice
- 14 cup cranberry sauce, or 14 cup cranberry juice
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to your taste
- garlic powder, to your taste
- 14 cup brown sugar, (bit more if preferred)
DirectionsSear roast on all sides.
Add onions and cook till transparent and a bit browned.
Put both in crock pot.
Add remaining ingredients.
Cook on low till tender -OR- high for approx 6-8 hours (depending on size of roast).
Optional: celery, potatoes.