Berry Sour Cream Shortcake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold Land O Lakes Butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Land O Lakes Egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups fruit, fresh, (sliced peaches and/or raspberries)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur, if desired
- Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped, sweetened, if desired
DirectionsHeat oven to 400F.
Grease 9-inch round baking pan; set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Whisk sour cream and egg together in another bowl.
Add milk and extract; mix well.
Add to flour mixture; stir well.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool 10 minutes.
Remove from pan.
Place fruit and sugar in bowl.
Stir in liqueur, if desired.
Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
Cut shortcake into wedges.
For each serving, cut a wedge in half; place bottom half on serving plate.
Spoon 1/4 cup fruit mixture over cake; top with remaining shortcake wedge.
Spoon 1/4 cup fruit on top.
Serve with whipped cream, if desired.