Sausage and Pepper Pasta Supper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 12 lbs hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced,
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced, juices reserved
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta, freshly cooked
- parmesan cheese, grated,
DirectionsHeat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute.
Mix in sausage and cook until brown, about 8 minutes.
Add peppers and onion and cook until almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Mix in tomatoes with juices, basil and oregano.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer 8 minutes.
Uncover and cook 2 minutes.
Pour over pasta and toss.
Serve, passing Parmesan separately.