Great Gorgonzola Cheese Pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped or 2 green onions
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- black pepper, ground, fresh
- 12 cup heavy cream
- 12 lb gorgonzola, trimmed of any rind and cut into small chunks
- 1 lb dry fettuccine, or 1 lb other pastas
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- parsley, fresh, (to garnish)
DirectionsIn a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium low heat and add shallots/green onion, coriander and 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
Cook until tender, not brown 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the cream and bring to a boil.
Simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in Gorgonzola.
Set the pan back on the heat and simmer only long enough to melt the cheese.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the fettuccine and cook, stirring gently until al dente, about 10 minutes.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water ,drain the fettuccine and return to the pasta pot.
Add the cream sauce and toss well, adding a little of the pasta water to thin out the sauce if necessary.
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of black pepper and parmesan.
Serve parsley on side next to pasta.