Warm Citrus Melange with Frozen Fruit Yogurt and Banana Galettes
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1 large papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pineapple, fresh, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed and sections removed from membranes
- 1 lemon, peel and pith removed and sections removed from membranes
- 1 pint berries, fresh, preferably blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package Banana Galettes, optional, packaged dried thinly sliced bananas available in Asian specialty stores
- 1 pint fruit frozen yogurt, preferably banana or berry flavored
- Mint sprigs for garnish
DirectionsIn a saute pan melt butter over moderate heat and cook until golden brown.
Add the papaya, pineapple, oranges, lemon, berries, sugar, and orange juice, stirring to combine, and cooking until liquid is reduced to a syrup.
Transfer fruit to a bowl.
Roll banana galettes into cones and secure with a toothpick or skewer.
Scoop frozen yogurt into banana galettes and top with fruit.
Garnish with mint.