Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 20 large cherry tomatoes, inside pulp removed ( a grapefruit knife works great for this )invert on paper towels to drain while
- 3 oz mini penne pasta, cooked or any mini pasta
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced,
- 1/4 cup cream, heavy or light
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 4 oz mixed cheeses, shredded, I used sharp cheddar and italian four cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt to taste, keep in mind the cheese is salty
- 1 tsp hot sauce, such as franks bramd
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 slice pepperoni, each slice cut into 4 pieces
DirectionsSpray a baking dish large enough to hold tomatos tightly with non stick spray.
Preheat oven to 400 In a small saucepan melt butter, add onion and garlic and soften, add cream and sour cream and heat to a simmer, add cajun seasoning and pepper and hot sauce, add cheese, all except grated parmesan which is fo topping and stir just until melted, remove from heat and combine with pasta.
Fill each tomato with macaroni and cheese, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese, top each with a pepperoni piece.
Bake about 20 minutes until hot, don't overbake or tomatos will fall apart.
Serve as a side dish to almost any meal or a light lunch with a salad!