Deep Fried Soft Tofu in Soy Sauce Recipe iluvnycfood
- 1 pkg soft tofu
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup each red and green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 2 black mushrooms soaked and, diced
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup spring onions, sliced 1"
- 1 tsp deep fried garlic for garnish, (optional)
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce, or fish sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi seasoning sauce, (Or Thai golden mountain brand)
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch, (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp soy bean oil for frying
- 1/2 cup soy bean oil for deep frying
- black pepper to taste, ground
DirectionsCut the soft tofu thickly into pieces about 1 inch long.
Season with a little salt and pepper and coat with crispy flour.
Fry until golden brown.
Place on a serving plate.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan Add the garlic, onion, red and green pepper, baby corn, mushroom, green peas and stock and stir for about 20 seconds.
Add the soy sauce (or fish sauce), seasoning sauce, sugar, black pepper and stir briefly.
Add the cornstarch and spring onion and stir briefly again.
Pour the mixture on top of the soft tofu Garnish with coriander leaves and deep fried dried garlic.