Schrafft's Butterscotch Cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 34 cup Crisco, at room temperature
- 1 14 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 34 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease cookie sheets.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and shortening for a few seconds.
Add sugar and beat until creamy.
Beat in egg, dry milk, and vanilla until light.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
With the mixer running, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
Fold in pecans.
Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Lightly flour your fingers and press each piece of batter into a 3-inch circle.
Transfer to oven and bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.