Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 3 cups pumpkin puree, canned
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed, I used light
- 12 cup sugar
- 12 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 4 12 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- 3 tablespoons ginger, ground
- 1 dash cloves, ground
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 12 cups golden raisins
DirectionsHeat the oven to 350F Grease and flour a muffin pan (or use muffin papers, preferably foil).
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar, and butter.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pepper.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just mixed.
Gently fold in the raisins.
Scoop about 1/2 cup batter into each muffin tin so that the curve of the batter is even with the rim of the cup.
Bake the muffins in the middle of the oven 30-35 minutes.
Muffins should be firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
Remove the muffins once pan has cooled.