- 2 cups cooking oil
- 4 large white flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 cups lobster meat, (can substitute crab or shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon oil
- 1 cup white corn kernels
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup jicama, diced,
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and flesh sliced into eighths
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- . The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
DirectionsIn a medium, wide skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium heat.
Add the tortillas to the skillet, a few at a time, and fry for about 1 minute on each side.
Put the fried tortillas on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with salt, to taste.
In a saute pan, warm the lobster meat with the lemon oil over low heat minutes until warm, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the corn, tomatoes, mint, cilantro, jalapeno, black beans, jicama, lime juice, chili powder, and the garlic salt.
Start assembling the nachos by stacking the tortilla chips on each plate.
Add the black bean salsa then top with half a cup of the lobster meat.
Garnish with creme fraiche, avocado, queso fresco, and chives.