Peking Beef and Pepper Stir-fry
- 12 ounces rump steak, sliced into strips or 12 ounces sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped,
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, fresh, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, seeded and
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced, seeded and
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons water
DirectionsIn a large bowl, mix together the steak strips, soy sauce, sherry, cornflour, and brown sugar.
Cover and leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
Heat sunflower and sesame oils in a preheated wok.
Add garlic and ginger root.
Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add the peppers, sugar snap peas and spring onions.
Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the beef, together with the marinade juices to the wok and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
Pour in the water and stir till the sauce has thickened slightly.