Chicken Breast With Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, (boneless and skinless)
- 34 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 broccoli stems
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, ground, fresh
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (from 12 medium)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced, thinly
- 14 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 14 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped, fresh,
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, coarsely grated,
DirectionsPlace chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
Drain chicken and run under cold water.
Cool completely; set aside.
Using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces; reserve.
Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to remove outer layer of broccoli stems; discard.
Continue peeling stems into long strips.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Add broccoli strips, Brussels sprouts, celery, hazelnuts, parsley, and reserved chicken to bowl with dressing; toss.
Divide among 4 shallow bowls.
Top with cheese.