Ken Hom's Thai green curry recipe
- 225 g (7.9oz) chicken breast diced into 1inch pieces, boneless
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1.5 tbsp shallots, finely sliced
- 1.5 tbsp garlic, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 tbsp ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 0.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200 ml (7fl oz) coconut milk
- 1 large handful Thai basil leaves
- 1 red chilli, sliced, optional
DirectionsCombine the chicken with the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine and cornflour.
Mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat the wok until very hot and slightly smoking, add the groundnut oil and marinated chicken.
Stir fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
When the chicken is browned, transfer it to a stainless steel colander set inside a bowl leaving behind 1 tbsp of oil in the wok.
While the chicken is draining, reheat the wok, then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 3 minutes.
Add the Thai green curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk.
Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Return the chicken to the wok and finish with the Thai basil leaves and serve with sticky jasmine rice.