Serious Capital Punishment Chili
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlepale lager ale
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 12 lb chuck, ground
- 12 lb pork, ground
- 2 tablespoons masa harina, dissolved in
- 12 cup warm water
DirectionsIn a big pot, combine the oregano, paprika, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon, sugar, hot sauce, cocoa, pepper flakes, ale, coriander, tomatoes, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
In a large skillet, fry the onion and garlic in the vegetable oil.
Add in the beef cubes, ground beef, and ground pork; brown and remove from the heat.
Drain the excess fat.
Add the meat to the seasoning soup; stir well and cook, partially covered, 1 hour 15 minutes at a low boil.
Remove from the heat, add the masa harina mixture, and cook 2 minutes more over low heat.