Best-Ever Bolognese Sauce
- 3 lbs beef, ground
- 2 12 cups carrots, chopped,
- 1 large green pepper, chopped,
- 1 12 cups onions, chopped,
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped, fresh,
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cans whole (28 ounce) tomatoes, (1 drained)
- 2 cans (680 ml) pasta sauce, (PRIMO orginal works best)
- 2 14 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 12 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, dried, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 12 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 14 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 cup whipping cream
DirectionsIn large stock pot, cook beef, onions, carrots & green pepper on medium heat until meat is browned.
Add mushrooms and garlic.
Cook 3 - 5 minutes longer.
Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT whipping cream.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 20 - 30 minutes stirring frequently and breaking up tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon on the side of the pot.
Stir in cream; heat through.
Serve over pasta.