Butter Pandan Rice Recipe
- 500 gm rice
- 650 ml water
- 3 x big onions - cut into halves and slice thinly Lb.
- 2 clv garlic
- 2 x cm piece ginger
- 1 x star anise, (bunga lawang)
- 8 x cloves , (bunga cengkih)
- 3 x cm piece cinnamon bark, (kulit kayu manis)
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin, (jintan putih)
- 2 x knotted pandan leaves
- 50 gm butter
- 1 tsp salt, or possibly to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cube Maggi chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp turmeric pwdr, (kunyit pwdr)
- 100 gm raisins
- 100 gm mixed vegetables, (blanch and drain well)
- 100 gm toasted slivered almonds
DirectionsMethod:WASH rice and drain well.
Heat butter and oil.
Fry (A) and (B) until fragrant and onions turn limp.
Add in (C).
Fold in rice and continue to stir-fry.
Add in water and pandan leaves.
Fold in seasoning and turmeric pwdr.
Transfer rice to an electric cooker and cook until rice is fluffy.
Loosen the cooked rice with a pair of chopsticks.
Add in (D) and combine well.
Dish out and serve with garnishing.