Sweet and Sour Pork Fillet
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, (plus extra to coat the pork strips)
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- 300 ml passata
- 150 ml apple juice, (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, (red wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, (brown light soft)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 600 g pork fillets, (or pork tenderloin cut ino strips)
- 2 onions, (thinkly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons oil, (light olive)
- 2 garlic cloves, (finely chopped) (optional)
DirectionsIn a jug or bowl, blend the cornflour with the red wine until smooth, then stir in the passata, apple juice, vinegar, sugar, tomato puree and seasoning mixing well.
In a large bowl, lightly coat the strips of pork with additional cornflour.
Place the onions in the actifry pan, then drizzle the oil evenly over the onions.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the prepared pork nd garlic, if using to the actifry and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir the pork to separate the pieces, then stir in the prepared sweet and sour sauce.
Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked and tender and the sauce is thickened.
Stop the actifry once during cooking and stir the mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula.
Adjust the seasoning to taste the serve with cooked rice or mashed potatoes and stir fried spring greens or cabbage.