Japanese Amazu Chicken
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 34 cup cornstarch
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, boneless, (about 1lb.)
- 13 cup cooking oil
- 4 cups bean sprouts, fresh
- 1 small cucumber
- 13 cup thinly sliced radish
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 14 cup soy sauce
- 14 cup sugar
- 14 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- sweet red pepper, finely chopped, garnish
- angel hair pasta
DirectionsMake Amazu sauce: combine all ingredients in bowl and set aside.
Combine eggs and cornstarch.
Dip the chicken into mixture, coating well.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, half at a time, cook 5 minutes or until browned.
Drain; keep warm (I put in a warm oven as they are done cooking).
While chicken is cooking boil bean sprouts in a large amount of boiling water for 3 minutes; drain.
Use a vegetable peeler to slice cucumber into long thin strips.
Toss together the bean sprouts, cucumber, radishes and green onions.
Arrange chicken on top.
Drizzle with Amazu sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and red pepper.
Serve over cooked pasta, if desired.