Farfalle With Chicken, Tomatoes, Onions, & Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red onions, sliced, thinly
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, cored, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, (from 1/2 rotisserie chicken)
- 12 cup basil leaves, sliced, thinly
- 2 tablespoons marjoram, chopped, fresh,
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
DirectionsHeat oil in heavy large skillet over mediumhigh heat.
Add onions; sprinkle with salt and cook until beginning to brown, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Stir in vinegar and sugar; cook until onions are browned, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
Transfer caramelized onions to bowl; reserve skillet.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
Add wine to reserved skillet.
Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, 3 minutes.
Add pasta, onions, broth, and next 4 ingredients.
Season with salt and pepper.
Stir over medium heat to warm through, about 3 minutes.
Divide spinach among plates.
Spoon pasta over spinach.
Top with crumbled goat cheese.