Chef's Steak Sauce
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 bay leaves
DirectionsPour the apple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, molasses, water, and lemon juice into a large pot.
Add the ginger, cayenne pepper, mustard, cloves, jalapeno, onion, peppercorns, garlic, horseradish, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced to half its original volume, about 2 hours.
Strain through a fine sieve and cool before serving.