Mocha Toffee Pie
- 34 cup flour
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 34 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 14 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, grated,
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 cup butter, softened
- 34 cup sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- chocolate curls
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375. Topping, Step 1. Combine cream, sugar and instant coffee in small mixer bowl and chill for one hour, while you prepare the rest of the pie.
Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
Cut in shortening with pastry blender until it forms rice-size particles.
Stir in walnuts, brown sugar and chocolate.
Add water and vanilla.
toss with fork then press into a 9-inch pie pan to form crust.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, then cool.
Beat butter in mixer bowl until creamy.
Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
Blend in chocolate and instant coffee.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 2- 3 minutes after each addition.
Turn into cooled pie shell and chill.
Topping, Step 2. Beat chilled topping ingredients until stiff and spread on top of chilled pie.
Decorate with chocolate curls.