- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced, thinly
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste, ground
- 1 cup black olives
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsCook tortellini according to package directions--al dente.
While tortellini is cooking, prepare marinade.
Combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, basil, chopped parsley, onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water.
Pour marinade over tortellini, add olives (and optional ingredients, see above) and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, add Parmesan and some fresh parsley for garnish, if desired.
Serve with toothpicks.