Nut Bowl Cookies
- 1 cup Whole Mixed Nuts
- 1 stick Butter, Cold And Cut Into Pieces
- 1/2 cups Sugar, Granulated
- 1/2 cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Orange Zest
- 1- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1- 1/2 cup Chocolate, Chopped,
DirectionsI never felt the need to mess with perfection until I realized the nuts had been in the bowl on the coffee table since before Thanksgiving(!).
Theyre a mix of hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts (where did the pecans go?).
The chocolate is a mix of Hersheys Milk Chocolate bars, Hersheys Kisses with Almonds, Godiva Dark Chocolate Pearls, Chanukah Gelt, and Russell Stovers Chocolate Santas.
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
Place nutmeats on a rimmed cookie sheet and slowly toast for 10 minutes or so.
Allow nuts to cool and chop until crumb is similar to cornmeal.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat.
3. Cream cold butter and sugars together until creamy.
4. Add egg, extracts, baking soda, and orange zest.
5. Mix in flour and salt.
Add nuts and chocolate.
6. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls.
Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 18 minutes, turning sheet once, halfway through baking.
8. Cool on sheet for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.
9. Hide cookies from children.