Chocolate Stout Cake
- 14 cup cocoa powder
- 12 cup butter
- 12 cup applesauce
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 23 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 14 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 12 cup light sour cream
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Guinness stout
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 12 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
DirectionsCake:Heat oven to 350 degrees.
With cocoa powder, lightly dust two greased 8 or 9 inch spring form pans.
In heavy saucepan heat butter, Guinness and cocoa powder until melted.
Sift dry ingredients together, add the Guinness-cocoa mixture and beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
Add eggs and sour cream and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Pour batter into pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes, remove sides and cool.
Use a serrated knife to even tops, if necessary.
Chill the cake to set up the frosting.
Frosting: Melt chocolate square, allow to cool.
Beat in additional ingredients.
Frost cake & enjoy!