Slow Cooker Venison Stew
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup onion, 1-inch cubed
- 1 cup celery, sliced, 1-inch
- 1 cup carrot, sliced, 1-inch
- 13 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano, chopped, fresh,
- 1 12 teaspoons sugar
- 1 12 teaspoons thyme, chopped, fresh,
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped, fresh,
- 34 teaspoon black pepper, ground, fresh
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 teaspoon salt
- 18 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb venison tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup brown ale, like Newcastle
- 1 can (14 ounce) low sodium beef broth
DirectionsLayer first 14 ingredients in an electric slow cooker.
Combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; dredge venison in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add venison.
Cook 4 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
Add venison to slow cooker.
Pour beer and broth over venison.
Cover and cook on low for 7 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Discard bay leaf.
Yield: 6 servings (each about 1 1/4 cups).