Hamburger Stroganoff (Paula Deen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 12 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 package (7/8 ounce) onion gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, fresh
- 12 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 23 cup sour cream
- 1 package (12 ounce) wide egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
DirectionsIn a large skillet, melt butter over med-high heat.
Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until mushrooms has released their liquid.
Add beef, and cook for 10 minutes or until beef is browned and crumbly.
Sprinkle gravy mix and flour over beef mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper, and salt.
Bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
Serve over hot cooked noodles.