Triple-Chocolate Pudding Pie with Cappuccino Cream
- 9 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet, chopped, (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350F.
Finely grind graham crackers, sugar, and salt in processor.
Add butter and blend to moisten crumbs.
Firmly press mixture into 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
Bake until crust sets, about 8 minutes.
Whisk sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan.
Gradually whisk in 1 cup half and half.
Whisk in remaining 2 1/2 cups half and half and yolks.
Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly, about 12 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add both chocolates and butter; whisk until melted and smooth.
Mix in vanilla.
Transfer filling to crust.
Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling and chill until filling sets, at least 6 hours.
(Can be made 2 days ahead.
) Beat all ingredients in large bowl until peaks form.
(Can be made 1 day ahead.
Cover and refrigerate.
Rewhisk to thicken before serving, if necessary.
) Peel plastic off pie.
Cut pie into wedges.
Spoon dollop of cream atop each slice.
Garnish with chocolate-covered espresso beans and serve.