Ceviche Mixto Del Mar (Cubano)
- 23 lb large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 23 lb scallops, quartered
- 23 lb salmon, skinned and pin-boned
- 1 tomatoes, chopped,
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 14 red onion, chopped,
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped, seeded and
- 1 cup lime juice
- 23 cup orange juice
- 12 cup loosely packed coriander leaves, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 large oranges, peeled and segmented or 1 large pink grapefruit
- popcorn, seasoned with chilli, cumin and salt
Directions1. Boil water.
Blanch prawns for 30 seconds then transfer to ice water immediately.
2. Combine all seafood with tomato, mango, onion and chilli in a large bowl and cover with lime and orange juice.
Toss gently and ensure all seafood is submerged in juices.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. Drain seafood and discard marinate.
5. Add coriander, sugar and orange/grapefruit, season to taste.
6. Spoon into serving bowls and top with coriander.
Pass popcorn separately.
Note: I used Moreton Bay bugs instead of the salmon.