Shredded Tri-Tip Tacos
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 18 teaspoons Ginger, Ground
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 18 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2- 1/2 pounds Tri-tip Roast
- 1 can (14 1/2 Oz.) Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 can 8 Oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 can 4 Oz. Mild Green Chilies
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Chopped,
- 3 cloves Garlic, Smashed
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 whole Good Quality Corn, (I Use Guerrero Brand) Or Flour Tortillas
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Diced Fresh Tomatoes, Dollop Sour Cream, Lettuce, Salsa, Lime Wedges
DirectionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a small mixing bowl, make taco seasoning rub by combining the kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, ground ginger, cumin and cayenne pepper.
Rub tri-tip with dry spice rub and place in a Dutch oven (or crock pot).
Let sit for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
Cover roast with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chilies, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
Cover your Dutch oven and place into the preheated oven for 2-3 hours, or until beef is tender and breaks away with fork.
(If using crock pot, cook on low for 8-10 hours).
Remove from oven and place tri-tip on cutting board.
Discard the smashed garlic.
Leave the remaining juices, tomatoes, chilies and onion in the pot.
Using two forks, shred the tri-tip by sticking one fork into the roast and holding it steady with one hand and slowly scraping the other fork through the roast, prongs faced backwards, moving your other hand away from the other fork.
Transfer the shredded tri-tip to a large bowl and add the reserved cooked vegetables and juices from the Dutch oven.
Stir to combine.
Heat a flat skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
Add a tortilla to the pan and let the tortilla heat until it develops little bubbles.
Remove from the heat (without burning your fingers!).
Then place desired amount of shredded tri-tip onto tortilla, followed by desired toppings.