Italian Shrimp 'n' Pasta
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, boneless, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped,
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped,
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 18-14 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
DirectionsIn a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker.
Add the next 10 ingredients; mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
Discard bay leaf.
Stir in the pasta; cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Stir in shrimp; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are heated through.