- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced,
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped,
- 1 teaspoon basil, fresh, crushed
- 12 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 14 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, ground, fresh
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, (optional)
DirectionsIn large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add eggplant, zucchini, onion, and garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 15 minutes).
Meanwhile, grease a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Stir basil into vegetable mixture.
Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
In a separate bowl mix together tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Pour tomato mixture into casserole, completely covering vegetables.
Cover with mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.