Spicy Salmon Cakes / Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped,
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped,
- 2 teaspoons mustard, dried
- 12 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 12 lbs salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1 12 cups seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 14 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 12 cups vegetable oil, (for frying, approx)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 14 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and celery.
Saute until soft, about 5 minute Add dried mustard and cayenne.
Mix well and saute for 2 additional minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, salmon, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper.
Mix well and form into 10-12 patties about 1/2" thick.
Coat each patty with the remaining bread crumbs.
Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
When hot, add patties in batches and fry until golden brown (about 3 min per side).
Drain patties on paper towels.
Cover and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.
To make the sweet red pepper sauce, combine 1 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 2 tsp of sugar in a blender.
Blend until smooth.