Copycat Chili's Boneless Shanghai Wingsby Todd Wilbur
- 1 14 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 34 cup dark brown sugar
- 14 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 cup hidden valley ranch bottled salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, (or whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 12 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 14 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced into 6 pieces per breast
- vegetable oil, (as required by fryer)
DirectionsPreheat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat to double coat each piece of chicken.
After chicken pieces have been breaded, chill for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, for the Ginger-Citrus sauce, dissolve corn starch in the water.
Pour the water into a medium saucepan along with the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
Remove the sauce from the heat cool.
For the Wasabi-Ranch dipping sauce, Mix together the ranch dressing, buttermilk, prepared horseradish, powdered wasabi, and green food coloring in a small bowl.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.
After chicken has chilled fry for 5 to 6 minutes until brown.
Drain fried chicken pieces on paper towels.
Place drained chicken pieces into a covered container with a lid.
Pour the ginger-citrus sauce over the chicken in the container, cover container.
Shake gently until chicken pieces are coated with sauce.
Place chicken onto a plate and serve the dish with wasabi-ranch dressing on the side.