Bami Goreng ( Indonesian Stir Fried Noodles )
- 350 g bami noodles, (or other style Asian Noodle)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 teaspoons coriander, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 12 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 leek, sliced, thinly
- 175 g ham, cubed
- 150 g shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek, (Indonesian Red Chili Paste)
- 4 -6 tablespoons ketjap manis, (Indonesian Sweet Soya Sauce)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
DirectionsCook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Heat a large wok or frying pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Swirl in the beaten egg to make a thin omelet.
Remove from pan allow to cool; cut into thin strips and set aside.
In a large wok style pan heat oil.
Saute the chicken with garlic, coriander, ginger and broth until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes).
Add sliced onion, carrot, red pepper, leek and ketjap manis; saute 4 to 5 minutes.
Add cubed ham, uncooked shrimp, and sambal oelek; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
Add sliced omelet and noodles; mix well and heat throughly before serving.
Serve with lychees and kroepoek, enjoy!