Savory Onion Bread
- 1 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 12 cup milk
- 12 cup sharp cheddar cheese, extra grated
Directionscombine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
cut in cold butter till crumbly.
stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
make a well in the center.
fry onion in other butter slowly till clear and golden.
beat egg with spoon in small bowl.
stir in milk.
pour into well.
stir to moisten and form a soft dough.
pat into greased 8 inch round or square pan.
sprinkle other 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
bake at 400 for 25 minutes.