Deep-dish Apple Pie
- 6 granny smith apples, sliced, peeled, cored and
- 1 cup raisins
- 12 cup brown sugar, (for pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider, or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 cup pecans, chopped, (optional)
- 1 12 cups brown sugar, (for topping)
- 1 cup flour, (for topping)
- 12 cup butter, or 12 cup margarine
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 9-inch (at least 1/2 inch deep) pie pan with cooking spray.
Combine first 7 ingredients (apples- cinnamon) in bowl.
Spoon apple mixture into pie pan.
Sprinkle with pecans.
To make topping: Combine last three ingredients (1 1/2 cups brown sugar- butter) with fork until crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over apples.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until brown and bubbling.