Maw Maw's Slaw with a Ginger Soy Dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 pound white Napa cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound spinach, fresh, trimmed, washed, and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup green onions, chopped, green parts only
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
DirectionsIn a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
Process until smooth.
Season with black pepper.
With the machine running and in a steady stream, add the oils.
Process until the mixture is thick and creamy.
Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Place the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, spinach, red onions, green onions, parsley, and sugar in a large salad bowl.
Add the mayonnaise mixture to the greens and toss to mix thoroughly.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The slaw can be made three hours ahead