Georgia Peach Cobbler
- 13 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 cup canned peach syrup, (from the canned peaches)
- 4 cups drained canned peaches
- 14 teaspoon almond extract, (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon, ground or 14 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons margarine, or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- whipped cream, (optional) or ice cream (optional)
DirectionsHeat oven to 400F Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
Prepare the filling by combining the sugar, cornstarch and syrup in a saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture boils and is thick.
Add the canned peaches and almond extract.
Keep the filling warm while you prepare the topping.
To prepare the topping, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
Drop the topping into 6 mounds on top of the hot filling.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 340; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 180mg; ;Carbohydrate 66g; Fiber 2g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 10%DV.
% Daily Value.