Potato, Carrot and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, freshly minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, freshly chopped
- 2 each scallions, sliced, spring or green onions
- 1 each russet potatoes cut into 1/4-inch, about 8 ounces, run under cold water for a few times
- 1 each carrots cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 each green bell peppers cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 each sweet red bell peppers cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari or to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 x red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
DirectionsHeat the oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring frequently, and cook for about 1 minute, until very fragrant.
Stir in potato and carrot, and cook for about 8 minutes until soft but still a bit crispy.
Add the bell peppers, stirring often, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the bell peppers become tender-crispy.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until well mixed.
Pour the sauce over the veggies, and stir well.
Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until hot.
Remove from the heat, and serve hot over the rice.
Note: The potatoes should be soft but still have a bit crunchiness in it.
Running the potatoes under the cold water can get rid of more starch from the potatoes, which makes the potato taste a bit crispy later.
You can also add some cooked pork strips, beef strips, or shredded chicken into the dish, it's absolutely delicious.