Mango Chiffon Pie
- 2 large mangos ripe
- 2 packages gelatin, unflavored unflavored
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or lemon juice
- 2 each egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 each pie shell, (9 inch) 9 inch baked
- 1 x whipped cream sweetened
- 1 x mangos slices
- 1 x mint leaves fresh, optional garnish
DirectionsPeel, seed and slice mango.
Whirl in food processor or blender until smooth.
Press through sieve to remove fibers.
Measure 1 1/2 cups.
Combine gelatin and sugar in small saucepan.
Cook and stir until sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
Add lime juice and mango puree.
Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white, about 1 hour.
Beat egg whites until peaks form.
Fold in mango mix.
Add vanilla and fold into mango mix.
Turn into pie shell.
Refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
To serve, top with whipped cream and sliced mango.
Garnish with fresh mint.