Mushroom Lemon Risotto
- 2 cups uncooked risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, for sauteing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 12 cup onion, chopped
- 5 -6 cups vegetable bouillon cubes
- 12 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb baby mushroom cap, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, grated, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 12 cup yellow pepper
- 12 cup red pepper
- 14 cup parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsSaute mushrooms and pepper in olive oil until mushrooms are limp and darken in color; transfer to mixing bowl.
Add lemon grass, grated lemon peel and parmesan cheese to veggie medley; set aside.
In large saucepan saute onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until translucent.
Add rice and white wine; stir until wine is absorbed.
Gradually add one cup of veggie broth at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding next cup.
Cook until rice is tender.
When rice is done, add mushroom mixture; stir to heat through and serve.