Pumpkin Bars W/Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 can (16 ounce) pumpkin, (I can only find 15oz cans and that seems to work just fine)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 package (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 14 cup butter, softened or 14 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 14 cups sifted powdered sugar
DirectionsPUMPKIN BARS: In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
Stir in the eggs, pumpkin, and oil till combined.
Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 350-degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
MUST COOL BEFORE SPREADING ON FROSTING.
FROSTING: Beat together soft cream cheese; soft butter/margarine; and vanilla till light and fluffy.
Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well to reach spreading consistency.
Spread ontop of bars.
BEST WHEN SERVED REALLY CHILLED!