Cranberry Orange Scones
- 2 cups Flour, Sifted (measure First!)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Cold Butter, (No Substitutes)
- 2 whole Oranges, Zested (you Will Use One Of These To Juice For The Glaze, After Zested)
- 13 cups Cranberries, Dried, (do Not Use Fresh)
- 1/2 cups Half-and-Half, Or Whole Milk
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- 1 whole Orange, Juiced
- 1/4 cups To 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar, Depending On Amount Of Juice In Orange (Enough To Make A Good Consistency For Glaze)
- 2 teaspoons Softened Butter, (optional) To Make It Richer And Make The Glaze Firm Up A Little More
DirectionsFor the scones: Measure flour and then sift into a bowl.
Add sugar and baking powder.
Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
Add the zest of oranges.
Add the dried cranberries.
In another bowl, beat the half-and-half or milk, and egg.
Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut out dough with a round or shaped cookie cutter.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Drizzle with glaze.
For the glaze: Mix together the juice of 1 orange, powdered sugar and butter (optional) until the desired consistency.
You dont want it too thick or too thin.