Black Russian Brownies
- 4 squares chocolate unsweetened
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 13 cup liqueur coffee flavor, such as kahlua
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 113 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts chopped, or toasted sliced almonds
- 1 x powdered sugar optional
DirectionsLine bottom of 13x9" baking pan with waxed paper.
Melt chocolate and butter with pepper in small saucepan over low heat.
Remove from heat.
Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl; beat well.
Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, Kahlua and vodka.
Combine flour, salt and baking powder; add to chocolate mixture and stir until blended.
Spread in prepared pan.
Bake in 350'F.
oven just until toothpick inserted in conter comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Cool in pan on wire rack.
Cut into bars.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes about 30 brownies.