Cream Cheese Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1 12 cups oats
- 34 cup flour
- 12 cup packed brown sugar
- 34 cup sugar, granulated, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, granulated, divided
- 34 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, or 34 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granny smith apple, diced
- 12 cup golden raisin, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 teaspoon almond extract
- 14 teaspoon nutmeg
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350*.
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and mix well.
Add Crisco and cut in until it's crumbly.
Set aside 1 cup of this mixture and press remainder into a sprayed 9x13 pan.
Bake for 12 minutes, cool slightly.
In a mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, and vanilla.
Mix til smooth and spread evenly over oat crust.
Combine apple, raisins (if desired) and almond extract.
Add spices and 2 T.
of sugar and sprinkle over cheese mixture.
Return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes or til golden.
Cool completely and cut into bars.