Shrimp Saute Mexicali
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cup tomatoes, chopped,
- 13 cup green bell pepper, chopped,
- 13 cup red onion, chopped,
- 14 cup black olives, sliced,
- 14 cup green olives, sliced,
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced,
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced, seeded and
- 3 tablespoons currants, dried
- 18 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 18 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 18 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 teaspoon cumin
- 12 teaspoon coriander, ground
- salt, to taste
- pepper, ground, fresh, to taste
- 1 12 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 14 cup madeira wine
- 13 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 14 cup slivered almonds, toasted
DirectionsIn a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add tomatoes through salt and pepper mixing ingredients together and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the shrimp and saute them just until they turn pink.
Add the Madeira and orange juice and deglaze the pan.
Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
Add the butter and swirl it in so that the sauce thickens.
Serve over rice and garnish with the toasted slivered almonds.