Buttermilk Herb Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (20-ounce) skinless chicken breast halves, boneless
- 1/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1 Half Stick, (1/4 cup) Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
DirectionsCombine all coating ingredients in 9-inch pie pan.
Pound chicken breasts with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in coating mixture.
Melt Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add coated chicken.
Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium; turn chicken.
Cook 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165F.
and chicken is golden brown.