Duck Magret With Bok Choy and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 4 magret duck, (Duck Breast skin on. Magret are more expensive but larger than normal breasts so feel free to buy l
- 34 cup hoisin sauce, (I buy blue dragon brand it is the best I have found, some brands can have a very strong flavour)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 heads bok choy, medium in size
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced,
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated,
- 1 12 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 12 teaspoons sugar
- 1 12 tablespoons coriander, chopped, fresh, finley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 12 cups cooked white rice, (leave for about 30 minutes to make sure most of the moisture has drained)
- 4 green onions, sliced,
- 1 large carrot, diced,
- 2 celery ribs, diced,
- 1 small red pepper, diced,
- 80 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped,
- 14 cup corn, frozen
- 14 cup peas, frozen
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped,
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
DirectionsPrick duck skin all over, heat a non stick fry pan, add duck skin side down and cook until skin is browned and crisp (there will be a lot of fat that drains from skin so keep pouring fat out from time to time).
Preheat oven to 180C, place duck on wire rack in baking dish skin side up and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked as desired, let breast stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I like to turn the grill on for the last few minutes of cooking to really crisp up the skin.
For The Sauce: Combine both sauces in a pan and heat until hot.
Cut ends off bok choy and pull leaves apart.
Heat oil in pan or work add onions, garlic and ginger stir fry a minute, add sugar, soy, turmeric and bok choy stir fry 3-5 minutes until tender; add coriander stir and serve immediately.
Vegetable Fried Rice:.
Heat oils in a wok.
Add carrot, celery, mushrooms and pepper stir fry 2-3 minutes.
Add soy sauce, peas, corn, spinach and sugar stir fry a couple minutes more.
Finally add rice and stir fry until thoroughly mixed and heated through serve immediately.
Serve sliced duck breast with bok choy, fried rice and sauce.