Chinese Vegetable Salad
- 14 lb snow peas, strings removed
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small celery, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 12 teaspoons chinese chili paste with garlic, (or to taste)
- 14 cup light soy sauce
- 14 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
DirectionsBring large pot of water to boil.
Add snow peas and parboil 30 seconds.
Drain,rinse under cold water and drain again.
Combine with cucumbers and celery in large serving bowl.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in small skillet.
Add chili paste and stir-fry until heated.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
One hour before serving, toss vegetables with dressing.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
* If using fresh broccoli, parboil for 30 seconds.